Here are some things that are really annoying me at the moment:
- Incompetence: there seems to be incompetence everywhere, I do wonder how some people get and keep jobs. Few people seem to take pride in what they do and this has lead to an ‘off my desk’ attitude.
- Not having a working spacebar on my keyboard.
- Untidyness: I really need a day to clean up but I keep getting chased for ‘urgent’ work.
- Everything being ‘urgent’: this is result of point one. Plan? Timetable? Some thought? You must be joking.
- Being ignored: why do clients use me as a designer if they’re not prepared to listen to what I say? I advised a client about the correct use of capitals, Rather Than Capitalising Stuff for no Good Reason. ‘Thanks for that’ was the response but the pointless caps are still in the proof. I think this over-riding my advice for no justifiable reason is really beginning to irritate me.
And here are some things I’m really enjoying as well (I am a balanced person after all):
- Lovely crisp, bright cold spring mornings.
- Z and M; they’re both fun, challenging, loving and energetic. I love their excitement and curiousity and sense of humour.
- Twitter: I know I’m late to the game with this one and I couldn’t see the point of it. Now I think it’s a great, fun way to keep in touch with people and record the little things that happen (I’ve tried to avoid the ‘I had toast for breakfast’ type posts!).
- Holly; she is back on track after post-natal depression and is looking great.
- Our house; we’re at last beginning to get straight and get some things (like the bathroom and extension) sorted.